1. Now I know why Solomon had 700 wives. He never met you.
2. Is this pew taken?
3. I just don't feel called to celibacy.
4. You float my ark.
5. I didn't believe in predestination until tonight.
6. My parents are home, wanna come over?
7. Is that a thinline, duo-tone, compact, ESV travel bible in your pocket?
8. Let me sell you an indulgence - it's a sin to look as good as you.
9. How many times do I have to walk around you before you fall for me?
10. I like to arrange the substantial Christian section of my bookshelf into alphabetical order. Coffee?
11. The name is Will. God's Will.
And, what ended up happening was that I closed the original gchat to log into my blogging account so I (seriously) googled "christian pick up lines" in order to find the article again and came up with a million gems of information. I had one of those moments like I have when I see a really great cat video on YouTube and think, "ooohhhh, this is why the internet was invented."
Here's some of my favorite ones, from The Catholic-Pages:
1. Nice bible.
2. God told me to come talk to you.
3. Oh you are cold, Ecclesiastes 4:11 (this will make Jake laugh out loud, the rest of us will have to google it).
4. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
5. You don't have an accountability partner? Me neither.
6. Is it a sin that you stole my heart?
7. Have you ever tried praying at a drive in movie before?
8. (for the ladies) Excuse me, I believe one of your ribs belongs to me.
9. My friend told me to come and meet you, he said that you are a really nice person. I think you know him. Jesus, yeah, that's his name.
10. You know, they say you have never really dated, until you have dated a christian
11. Yeah, I predicted David over Goliath
12. What? Friends listen to Amazing Grace in the dark.
And, finally, some more juicy selections from Real Christian Singles:
1. Nice bracelet. What would Jesus date? I mean, "do"?
2. Want to practice speaking in tongues with me?
3. I don't see it, but some people think I look like Sampson
4. What's your name and number so I can add you to my "prayer" list?
5. Hey baby, you wanna take the church van for a spin?
6. God broke the mold when He made your sweet face.
7. (check a person's shirt tag) "just as I thought... made in heaven."
8. Excuse me but can I drinkith from your cupith?
9. If Eve was tempted by an apple then you must be my fruit.
People, I am copying this word for word.
If anyone successfully uses one of these, please email me your story at: coseismicdislocation at gmail dot com and I will put it on the internet. Please.

No comments:
Post a Comment