Monday, September 01, 2008

Neglect/the First Week of School

I know, I know... I started a blog so I could learn about blogging before I started school. I am about to start school and I don't know much more about blogging than I did when I started this thing. Sigh. I hope that will change, but for now, I've been very busy with life. The non-internet variety I suppose.

I made another huge list, as I tend to do. I have been feeling busy-to-the-point-of-overwhelmed with the re-entry from the west coast/getting ready for school. Plus, I became totally addicted to coffee once again. I had the worst headache yesterday and couldn't figure out why until I drank coffee and felt immediately better. What does that mean?

I'm not ready for school. It starts on Wednesday and I have homework in books that I haven't gotten yet. That is basically how the past week has been going. I think last week at this time, Sarah and I were lunching in the Pearl in Portland. It sounds sorta fancy, and maybe it was, but right afterwards we went to a dive bar and met some characters. Sarah also kicked my ass at Ms. Pacman.

Now I'm sitting in my room, I haven't left the house and its a holiday because I am working. Ok, well, I'm blogging instead of working right now, but you know what I mean.

Portland and Olympia were really great. I spent two lovely weeks feeling right at home among friends and geography. I think I have come to determine that my life's interests and things of importance are split between the coasts - very little overlap. Big things and little things like going swimming in Puget Sound on the Evergreen campus.

And then going to UMD during a football game and being swarmed with drunk 18 year old dudes wearing red t-shirts. Are these really both my colleges? This is kind of what both the trip there and back were/are like for me. I did all the things that I love to do in the northwest and all the things you're supposed to do - drink coffee, microbrews, go to house shows, see friends' bands play, see mountains, swim, hike, and, well, hang out. But, it seemed like a lot more, in a non-internet/blog-y way. So, if you want to know what I was up to aside from hiking and getting swarmed by wasps, check out trip photos here and here.

So, check back soon.  I hope to be less scattered, more caught up, more excited about the East coast and less homesick for the West one. I'll maybe have some school updates, stories of the C2 Metro Bus, frat boys, football fans, library students, and being back in school in general.

No comments: