Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No one wants to hear what you dreamt about, unless you dreamt about them...

Which is funny because I spent like 10 minutes last night trying to tell Heather about my dreams over the past week or so. I will spare you the details because you weren't involved, but it seems as though my sleeping brain has been tapping into the files of "people who I once knew and spent a lot of time with and I guess was friends with but maybe was never close enough to keep in touch with." There's a lot there I was unaware of. Anyway, my dreams have taken me to malls, farms, and downtown DC, and I've been thinking about them all week. As with most dreams, when you try to share them, it comes out stupid. So, that's what I've got... retrospection. 

Which is fitting because yesterday was my birthday (!) and we went to see Built to Spill perform "Perfect from Now On" in its entirety. I'd like to say it was "so 1997," like the Breeders show we went to which was rife with flannel, combat boots and baggy t-shirts (NOT from American Apparel), but the BTS show was full of 20 year old dudes who were like, totally rocking out. Oh well, it was still great. Only we had to run out before it was over to catch the last trains home. Lame. I'm going to be stalking the All Songs Considered website until the show comes out. Actually, I don't know if they'll have it or not.

Here's a video I took at the show on my phone. I think it might be a candidate for the worst video that exists on the internet. But, I wanted to see how it would work out. Not well, I think, is the verdict, but what can you expect when you have a phone designed for a 13 year old.

No comments: