Is being busy an excuse? It has to be, right? Please? I'm in school and school the first time around was pretty hard, I think and then the second time it was a little bit less hard and the workload wasn't overwhelming, but this time it's all holy shit challenging. Not because I'm learning anything that's confusing or tough to grasp, but because I have to read and write and read and write and read and write. I love it though. And, I don't want to sound like the freshman I hear walking around campus in their gym shorts and Terps t-shirts on the phone saying things like, "omg, I like just had to read something. ug." So, I'm not complaining - really - just justifying the infrequent updates of CD. I'm aware of it! I still love you!
Just so you know, sometimes you learn cool things in school. The other day I learned about some non-Google search engines. Try them. Expand your horizons. The first one is pretty no-frills and presents the search results in columns instead of in lines. The second uses a different technique of allowing you to narrow down you search and pick and chose what types of websites you want to look at. It's good for you, ok?
So, besides being all dreamy about the potential power of CD in the blogosphere, there are other things I want to accomplish. I thought that maybe if I put them on the internet, someone, somewhere, sometime might hold me accountable for them.
1. Learn how to use (and actually use) my new camera. This would require sitting down with the manual, trying things out and leaving the house to go places where there are photo opts. I dream big some days.
2. Clean out my closet. I hate all my outfits right now. I need new ones but Mr. Buddy says I can't get any new ones until I get rid of some current ones. Impasse.
3. Fix my bike. It squeaks, the U-lock bracket fell off this week, the tires need air, and it's a 12-speed but really is, effectively, an 8-speed. I could have probably fixed the U-lock bracket and put air in the tires in the amount of time this blog post is taking me. Shit.
4. Get a pedicure. Seriously. I'm not trying to be fancy. Have you ever trained for a half-marathon? Did you retain all of your toenails? Are they in beautiful shape? Sometimes I think the only people that really understand me are my aunt and the random coffee shop customer who asked me, "do you still have all your toenails?" when I told them about the race. It doesn't even have to be a really fancy pedicure. Toes. Just. Need. Attention.
5. Move the garden. It's in a shady spot. Nothing grows. Worst garden ever.
6. Do more yoga. I was doing lots before the race training time grew and grew. I'm taking a class now that I sometimes skip because I'm tired and sore from running.
7. Learn how to do fancy things on the blog. Like build some sort of mp3 player. I want to share so much with you, especially musically. If you know how to do that, email me and let me know. Or, write book reviews. Or, have time to read books that I could write reviews about.
Ok, now I've shared my (current) secrets and desires with you. I mean them all from the bottom of my heart. But, now I have to go do some homework and then head out to my volunteer shift. Till next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment