Monday, October 13, 2008

Finished!

So, we did it. We ran the half-marathon on Saturday in Baltimore. It was partially amazing and partially horrible, but that's about what I expected. My parents and brother came and helped drive and park and my mom even ran the last mile with me. There are more photos on Flickr, but here are a couple of shots of the race. Yeah, it's a lot of people. I came in somewhere in the 4000's out of 6000-ish runners. Not an amazing placement, but whatevs, you didn't run it, ok? (Unless you're Heather in which case you did, in fact, run it and came in also in the 4000s, but earlier than I did). 

We had tons of amazing Baltimore residents cheering us on from their stoops and SUVs blasting hip hop. Handing out gummy bears and bearing signs that said, "why be the best when you can B-more?" Strung-out, toothless people yelling things like, "you fucking got it! go! run!" Then there were the thousands of visiting spectators around the inner harbor. I mean it when I say they were all being awesome and positive. 

So, yes, I'd do it again, but I'd do some things differently (basically like everything else in life). Yes, I'm going to keep running, but not as much for right now. Yes, I'm sore, but yes, I feel good too. I would run this same race again, even though... Baltimore. Is. Hilly.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

cool pics, congrats for going the distance!

bruce