skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Campaign news from our nation's capital
- Yesterday on the green line, the man sitting next to me turned and quasi-yelled something at me. I had my headphones on, listening dreamily to the smooth voice of Bob Boilen tell me all about 1000 recordings I had to hear before dying. It took me a minute to get them off and say, intelligently, "huh?" to the man, who then repeated "You vote Obama!?" in a way that I couldn't distinguish between yelling and asking. I quietly said, "uh, yeah" and he yelled again, "You like him!" and I said, "yes" with a bit more confidence and he got up and sat elsewhere. I think he's like one of 6 Republicans around here. Prior to watching Monday night's episode of The Daily Show (amazing, btw), I would have said this man probably lives in Northern Virginia, but now I'm not even sure.
- This morning's Post had an amazing article on Sarah Palin's outfits. It is the only article I read this morning while breaking fast. Read it here. I had to get over myself and stop thinking, "why won't the RNC give me even like $500 to go shopping?" and then I donated $25 to the Obama campaign. I think her outfits suck anyway.
- A nice young man approached me on campus today to solicit money for HRC, which I think is a pretty rad organization as far as organizations go. (I mean, they did sponsor the L Word Season 5 Premier Party, duh). He told me that its illegal in 35 states for gays and lesbians to get married. I said, "lame" and he said, "I know, right." I told him I didn't have any money but I was somehow already on the HRC mailing list and he said, "cool, cuz those right wingers are gonna try to block this bill in Congress to support gay marriage rights." I said, "yeah, they're assholes" and he told me to have a nice day.
- Elsewhere on the internet, Wonkette has been keeping me hilariously entertained this campaign season. This is quite worth 8 minutes of your life.
- Vote for Obama people, seriously. Ok?
2 comments:
Wow, you met one of the 6 McCain voters in the District. That's hilarious.
www.palinaspresident.us
http://livingbyfictionDOTlivejournalDOTcom
(P.S. My blog is supersecret and Google-proof. Because my identity is probably not supersecret once you show up on my supersecret blog.)
preach it!-hb
Post a Comment