Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"F*ck 'Yes we can,' 'Yes we DID!!'"

Adrian's Obama cookies

That's what I heard some guy say around 1am on the corner of U & 14th last night. Quite a site. I've been searching around Flickr for some photos and a few people have things posted - search and check 'em out. It was everything people will say it was for years - historic, amazing, inspiring, loud, hilarious, and like nothing I've ever seen. The only crowd I've been in in DC that rivaled it was for the IMF/World Bank protest in 2000, or, like, Adams Morgan on a Friday night. But, this was way better, more positive, less assholes. In summary:
  • number of strangers who hugged me: 3
  • number of strangers who kissed me: 1
  • number of people shooting off fireworks in my street just after 11pm: 1
  • number of people shooting off fireworks on U st between 1 and 2am: too many to be safe (but still awesome)
  • number of drunk, dancing hippie dudes: 2
  • number of people standing on the tops of cars parked in the streets yelling: >15 (in the couple of blocks I was in)
  • what time I got up yesterday: 5:45am
  • what time I went to bed last night: 2:45am
  • number of people doing the electric slide on U street around 2am: more than I could count
  • number of Obama decorated cookies I ate: 3
  • number of bottles of wine consumed at our house: 2.5
  • number of people consuming wine: too few
I have some cell phone pics that I'll upload later. 

No comments: